The Trustee Board is the governing body of NADFAS and is advised by a Council composed of, amongst others, representatives of each local Area.
Status of NADFAS
Until December 2001, NADFAS was an unincorporated body. It is now a company limited by guarantee (no. 4307984). NADFAS is also a charity registered with the Charity Commission (no. 1089743) and with the Office of Scottish Charities (no. SC039240).
NADFAS - charitable aims
The promotion and advancement of the education of the public in the cultivation, appreciation and study of the decorative and fine arts; the conservation and preservation of the artistic heritage of the United Kingdom and other countries for the benefit of the public; and the advancement of the arts, culture and heritage, in particular, but without limitation, the decorative and fine arts.
A thriving membership-driven organisation widely acknowledged for its valuable contribution to arts education, volunteering activities and heritage conservation.
To support and develop our Member Societies.
To offer members a broad range of in-depth high quality art lectures, study days and other art educational opportunities.
To make a valued contribution to conservation and heritage through Church Recording and Heritage Volunteering.
To encourage an appreciation of the arts among young people through volunteering and financial support.
To maintain an active grant giving programme focused on the decorative and fine arts and their conservation.
NADFAS - Strategic objectives
Internal - to support our Members
- To safeguard and promote the high standards of lectures and support for members and maintain the values of NADFAS
- To encourage volunteering in all disciplines and enhance co-operation at all levels
- To provide appropriate training at every level for all NADFAS activities
- To liaise throughout the organisation to support efficient and effective grant giving
External - to expand the scope of NADFAS
- To broaden the reach of the organisation by exploring and developing new opportunities for membership
- To sustain and develop partnerships that help deliver our aims
- To raise awareness of NADFAS, its aims and objectives
NADFAS means the fun of friendship, the stimulus of learning and the satisfaction of volunteering. It also means adhering to Charity Commission requirements, maintaining good standards of governance and a sound financial structure.